We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us—via email, when you register an account, submit a booking request, create a profile, publish articles, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, provide us with feedback, fill out a form or chatbot, use live chat, open a support ticket, or enter information on our site.
Such information includes personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address (Personal Information). Please be aware that further information such as cookie information and/or your IP address of your device will automatically be stored via server log files as well.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving this website and the services we provide to you through this website, including:
– To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the content and offers of most interest to you.
– To improve our website in order to better serve you.
– To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To quickly process your transactions.
– To ask for ratings and reviews of Tours or Operators.
– To follow up with you after correspondence (live and automated chat conversations, email or phone inquiries).
– To publish your posts, media and other content that you voluntarily submit for publication.
– To publish your member profile, based only on any information that you voluntarily provide on your profile.
We primarily contact you via email to send you information regarding your reservation and booking requests, and to follow up regarding Tours booked by you. Unless you ask us not to, we may also contact you via email to inform you about our general news & updates (including but not limited to new features, Tours, or special promotions).
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to any third parties. We will not share your Personal Information with third parties, unless:
– When you message a Tour Operator via the platform, we will share necessary information with such specific Operator to allow them to process your request and provide you with answers and services.
– When you create an account on FairVoyage.com, your username and any information that you voluntarily provide on your profile.
– When you publish posts, media and other content that you voluntarily submit for publication, your username will be published on the Fair Voyage Website along with your content.
– When we obtain your consent (e.g. you opt-in or opt-out to the sharing of Personal Information) to share.
– A specific service that is provided on FairVoyage.com requires the interaction with or is provided by a third party (e.g. an application service provider or a payment service provider).
– When we are legally required.
– When FairVoyage.com is purchased by a third party whereby that third party will be able to use the Data in the same manner as we can as set forth in this Policy.
You can manage and remain in control of your information that you provide on our website. When you log into your account, you can see all information saved there and edit it or delete it (including your entire account) at any point in time.
When you delete information, it will be deleted permanently from our website server. We will not retain copies unless legally required, or as part of general website back-up procedures.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through an external PCI compliant gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We only collect sensitive information such as credit card data if you explicitly save it under your account. Such information is always encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this either via the closed lock icon in your web browser or the https prefix at the beginning of our website address.
While the security of your Personal Information is important to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We therefore disclaim any warranties or representations relating to maintenance or nondisclosure of your data and Personal Information.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
To send out email campaigns (Newsletter(s)) as well as email notifications, such as booking confirmations, Fair Voyage uses the Newsletter service Emarsys B2C Marketing Cloud. Emarsys B2C Marketing Cloud is provided by Emarsys Emarketing Systems AG, Märzstrasse 1/5, 1150 Vienna, Austria. If you have registered for any of our Newsletters, your email address and all of your voluntarily provided information (e.g. salutation, first name, last name, country, etc.) will be stored with emarsys. Besides that, no additional personal data is stored/transferred. Emarsys Emarketing Systems AG will not pass this personal data to any third party unless there exists a valid judicial claim.
Emarsys B2C Marketing Cloud enables Fair Voyage to analyze Newsletter campaigns. Fair Voyage can, for example, analyze how many recipients have opened an email or how many recipients have clicked on certain links within an email. The results of the analysis will only be used to optimize future Newsletters. Further, Emarsys Emarketing Systems AG provides Fair Voyage with the possibility to integrate Google Analytics in Newsletters.
Users who wish to no longer receive a certain Newsletter may click on a link named “Unsubscribe” which is embedded with every email sent by Fair Voyage or send an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to privacy@FairVoyage.com in order to not receive future Newsletters.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website.
This may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze user interactions with our website in order to improve our services and performance.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it in your settings) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information to enhance your browsing experience when returning. Cookies can be used, but are not limited to: our websites, email campaigns and notifications, web and mobile applications, APIs, buttons, widgets, live chats, chatbots as well as advertisements.
A pixel is a small amount of code on FairVoyage.com or in an email from us. Pixels help us to identify whether you have interacted with our content on FairVoyage.com or our email campaigns. Pixels are another means of understanding our clients and servicing them better through a more personalized experience.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, please refer to your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Can you still use our website when you disable cookies in your browser?
If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website, including the reservations and bookings feature. You overall user experience will be less efficient, but you can still use and access our website for information purposes.
Last updated: 04 February 2018