When planning a trip to Tanzania, the following vaccinations are always recommended:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Boosters for tetanus, diphtheria and measles
The World Health Organization additionally recommends the following vaccinations for all travellers worldwide:
In addition, you may need the following:
- Yellow fever certificate: Required for immigration if travelling via a country with increased risk of yellow fever (such as Ethiopia or Kenya); not required otherwise.
- Typhoid: Usually only recommended for pro-longed stays.
- Rabies: Usually only recommended for pro-longed stays in remote areas.
Medical requirements other than vaccinations:
- Malaria: There is no vaccination to protect against malaria. However, we strongly recommend that you take preventative anti-malarials when travelling to Tanzania.
- Other: Please refer to our packing list for more medications that we recommend for your trip.
Please note that some vaccinations are administered over prolonged time periods to become effective. Therefore, it is important that you consult your medical expert well ahead of your trip.