We screen our tour operator partners against applicable local qualifications specific to a destination.
If there is:
- an independent organization, that
- offers a local monitoring program for the most relevant responsible and sustainable travel issues pertaining to a specific destination (or an activity at such destination), and
- is open for all duly licensed tour operators to participate in without excessive costs;
Then we make it mandatory that:
- All our tour operator partners who promote such destinations (or activity at the destination) must be participating with the available program and prove their commitment to sustainability by meeting the applicable minimum standards.
- This requirement also applies to global or regional tour operators who wish to partner with us, even if such destinations are only an insignificant part of their global offering, and even if tour operators do not wish to promote such destinations via Fair Voyage.