Last updated on October 13, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Switzerland? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Switzerland. Make sure to also check the official Swiss government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
With Travelcheck you can check whether and under which conditions you are allowed to enter Switzerland.
- Unvaccinated travelers or travelers who are unable to prove that they have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months will be asked to provide proof of a negative PCR test or rapid antigen test twice. Present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours or a rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours before flight departure to Switzerland. 4-7 days after arrival, you will need to do another PCR test or rapid antigen test in Switzerland. The result of this test must be reported to the cantonal authorities.
- Furthermore affected travelers must complete an entry form before entering Switzerland. Once completed you will receive a QR code as confirmation, which have to be shown upon arrival at the airport.
- Travelers who have been vaccinated in countries outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area will have to test for COVID-19 every three days.
You don’t have a COVID-19 certificate recognized in Switzerland? If you were vaccinated abroad, you can apply for a Swiss COVID certificate. Find out how to obtain a COVID certificate on the COVID certificate page.
During Your Stay
A COVID-19 certificate requirement applies inside restaurants, cultural and recreational facilities, and at indoor events.
- Wear of face masks in indoor settings and public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight testing is available at a variety of locations.
Get Travel Updates
To stay updated and receive Switzerland COVID-19 travel alerts and regulation updates straight to your inbox, we have created a free travel alerts service for you. Simply leave your email to get free travel alerts here.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Swiss travel advisors to start planning your trip today.