Last updated on November 24, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Sri Lanka? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Sri Lanka. Make sure to also check the official Sri Lanka government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
Be aware that Sri Lanka only accept the letter version of proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, digital proof will not be accepted.
Before applying for a Visa, ensure you have the following:
- Fill in the online Health Declaration Form before departure.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation.
- Upon arrival unvaccinated travelers must undergo an additional COVID-19 PCR test. Fully vaccinated travelers are exempted from the on-arrival PCR test.
- Unvaccinated travelers will be under the protection of the Tourism Bio Bubble for a duration of 7 nights/ 8 days. It will be possible for them to visit approved tourist sites. Additionally unvaccinated travelers must pay a mandatory local COVID-19 insurance.
During Your Stay
- Wear face masks in closed public spaces and public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of places. You may incur extra charges.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
For local expert advice and tailor-made itineraries, simply ask us to craft your trip.