Last updated on October 13, 2021
Are you planning a trip to South Africa? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to South Africa. Make sure to also check the official South Africa government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa.
- Complete the traveler health questionnaire before departure.
- Complete a screening form not more than 48 hours ahead of your trip.
- Tourists must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before flight departure.
- Tourists must provide proof of accommodation while in South Africa in case they are required to self‑isolate at own costs.
- All tourists must have travel insurance that covers the cost of any testing or quarantine.
During Your Stay
Be aware that there is a curfew from midnight to 04:00 a.m. to ensure the limitation of social interactions. Furthermore it is mandatory to download the COVID Alert South Africa application. It lets people know if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear face masks when in public and on public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of places. You may incur extra charges.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our South Africa travel advisors to start planning your trip today.