Last updated on April 27, 2022
Are you planning a trip to South Africa? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to South Africa. Make sure to also check the official South Africa government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa.
- Complete the traveler health questionnaire before departure to South Africa.
- Fully vaccinated travelers and children aged 5 years and below are exempted from all test requirements. Travelers will be required to present proof of completed vaccination with a QR code. Two doses are sufficient for complete vaccination, booster vaccination is not required.
- Not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated travelers are required to present a negative PCR test obtained within 72 hours before departure. The test requirement also applies to persons recovered from COVID-19.
During Your Stay
- Wear face masks when indoor and on public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of places. You may incur extra charges.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
For local expert advice and tailor-made itineraries, simply ask us to craft your trip.