Last updated on April 27 2022
Are you planning a trip to Rwanda? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Rwanda. Make sure to also check the official Rwanda government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Complete the passenger locator form before departure to Rwanda.
- All travelers from 5 years of age and older, regardless if fully vaccinated against COVID-19, must present a negative rapid test taken within 72 hours before flight departure.
- Upon arrival a COVID-19 PCR test will be taken at the travelers own cost.
During Your Stay
Be aware that all tourists must have a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to visiting Rwanda’s national parks, apart from Akagera National Park, at own cost. Tests can be booked by appointment here.
Tourists visiting Akagera National Park and other tourist destinations are required to take a rapid antigen test, which are available at a variety of walk-in clinics in Kigali.
- Wear of face masks in public.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of places. You may incur extra charges.
- All travelers departing from Rwanda must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test performed within 72 hours before departure. The PCR test must be performed by the Rwanda Biomedical Center/ National Reference Laboratory, Provincial or District Hospitals.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
For local expert advice and tailor-made itineraries, simply ask us to craft your trip.