Last updated on January 15, 2023
Are you planning a trip to Kenya? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Kenya. Make sure to also check the official Kenya government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red as per official notice by the Republic of Kenya with effect from 9th September 2022
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa online prior to your trip. Visas on arrival are not available in Kenya.
- All travelers above the age of 12 years arriving into the country through any point of entry will be required to show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted not more than 72 hours before departure. NB: Vaccination means having received the prescribed doses of specific vaccine latest shot at least fourteen (14) days before arrival (not including the day of vaccination). Travelers below the age of twelve (12) years are exempt from these requirements.
- Any traveler above the age of twelve (12) arriving at any point of entry with no proof of vaccination or a PCR test or those with flu-like symptoms shall be subjected to a rapid antigen test at their own cost of 30 USD. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT will be subjected to entry PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate as per MOH guidance on isolation.
- Any traveler arriving at any port of entry into Kenya with flu-like symptoms will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform and to undergo rapid antigen test at own cost regardless of age or vaccination status. If positive on antigen test they will be required to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test own cost.
- Fill in an online health questionnaire shortly before your departure to Kenya.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations and requirements of your airline, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of locations.
Some of our partners offer PCR tests in their safari camps. Our travel advisors will advise and customize itineraries to include such camps to ensure a smooth experience for our travelers.
Get Travel Updates
To stay updated and receive Kenya COVID-19 travel alerts and regulation updates straight to your inbox, we have created a free travel alerts service for you. Simply leave your email to get free travel alerts here.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us. For any questions, get in touch.