Last updated on July 30, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Kenya? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Kenya. Make sure to also check the official Kenya government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa.
- Present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours before flight departure at the airport.
- Tourists must fill in the Travelers Health Surveillance Form prior to travel. The online registration form can be found on the Jitenge platform or the Jitenge app. After submitting the form, travelers will receive a QR code which must be presented on arrival at the airport.
- Incoming tourists must undergo temperature screening upon arrival at the airport. This process will be repeated during boarding, pick-up and check-in. Those testing positive or showing symptoms must undergo a 14-day self-isolation.
- On arrival in Kenya, tourists will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine, except if coming from an exempted country. Most countries are now listed as exempted, which means that tourists from those countries do not need to undergo any quarantine on arrival. See if your country is listed amongst the exempted countries.
During Your Stay
The great news is that most of your activities will be outdoors when traveling to Kenya with Fair Voyage, so safe physical distance can easily be kept at all times. Staff members are additionally receiving extensive training about how to prevent the spread of the virus and how to act when a guest seems to have COVID-19 symptoms.
Be aware that a curfew is in place from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m., the curfew in the hotspot zone will be enforced from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. until July 31.
- Wear face masks in public places, except when dining, or when adhering to social distancing in hotels, gardens or on beaches.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
- It is advised that guests undergo a daily health screening and retake their temperature after taking part in an activity that goes on for longer than two hours, to ensure that nobody is running a fever.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight, testing is available at a variety of locations. It should take up to 72 hours until you receive your test results back, although this timing is not guaranteed. For travelers booked with Fair Voyage, we will do our best to assist you in such circumstances and help with local phone calls to expedite the procedure.
To speed up the process, some of our partners offer PCR tests in their safari camps. Our travel advisors will advise and customize itineraries to include such camps to ensure a smooth experience for our travelers.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Kenya travel advisors to start planning your trip today.