Last updated on October 15, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Greece? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Greece. Make sure to also check the official Greece government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
Incoming travelers from the following countries are exempted from the mandatory quarantine: EU and Schengen Area countries, USA, UK, Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrein, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, China, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, UAE, and Ukraine.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa.
- Fill in the Passenger Location Form the day before entering Greece.
- Present either a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before flight departure, a negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours before flight departure at the airport or a document showing the completed vaccination against COVID-19. It is also possible to present a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.
- In case you have been tested positive for COVID-19 upon arrival in Greece, you will be taken to a quarantine hotel and are required to stay there for at least 10 days. Depending on circumstances, you also may be able to self-isolate in your current accommodation. The expenses of the accommodation in quarantine hotels are covered by the Greek state.
During Your Stay
Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative rapid test, taken up to 48 hours before entry, to visit closed public spaces including restaurants, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, theaters, museums and archaeological sites.
- Wear face masks in all indoor public places and public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight, testing is available at the place where you stay. Additional costs may be incurred.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Greece travel advisors to start planning your trip today.