Last updated on September 4, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Egypt? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Egypt. Make sure to also check the official Egypt government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Apply for a Visa.
- Present a completed Public Health Card on arrival in Egypt.
- Tourists must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before flight departure to Egypt. Tourists arriving from from Australia, Canada, China, Frankfurt, Japan, London, New Zealand, North America, Paris, Rome, South America, South Korea and Thailand, the test and certificate extends to 96 hours.
- Tourists arriving from countries where COVID-19 variants of concern have been identified may be required to undertake a rapid COVID-19 test on arrival and will have to stay in their hotel room until they receive the test result back. This procedure should take up to 24 hours. The cost of the test is covered by the traveler.
- Provide confirmation of valid health insurance policy to airport authorities.
During Your Stay
- Wear face masks in closed public spaces and public transport.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. Testing is available at a variety of places. You may incur extra charges.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Egypt travel advisors to start planning your trip today.