Last updated on January 7, 2022
Are you planning a trip to Costa Rica? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Costa Rica. Make sure to also check the official Costa Rica government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Verify here if you need a Visa to enter Costa Rica.
- Tourists must complete the Health Pass online form within 72 hours prior to departure to Costa Rica.
- It is not required to present a negative PCR test upon arrival in Costa Rica.
- Unvaccinated tourists shall have insurance coverage for possible costs if they need to undergo a quarantine, isolation or any other treatment of a COVID-19 infection during their stay. Tourists who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can enter the country without a travel policy.
During Your Stay
Unvaccinated tourists 12 years and older will not be allowed to enter commercial establishments as of January 8, 2022.
- Wear of face masks in public spaces and indoor settings.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight testing is available at a variety of locations.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
For local expert advice and tailor-made itineraries, simply ask us to craft your trip.