Last updated on October 13, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Botswana? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Botswana. Make sure to also check the official Botswana government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
*Latest updates highlighted in red
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Tourists must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel (meaning within 72 hours before arriving in Botswana).
- Complete a COVID-19 self-declaration document which determines the travel history upon arrival.
- Undergo an additional COVID-19 rapid test at the airport. This testing is free of charge and will take up to 1 hour.
During Your Stay
Be aware that there currently is a curfew between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. to ensure the limitation of social interactions.
Botswana is divided into nine geographical zones. Permits are needed to travel between zones and COVID-19 tests may be as well required, which will be done at your own expense. Inter-zone traveling is restricted to essential travel. Travel within one zone, outside of the curfew times, does not require any special permissions.
- Wear of face masks in all public spaces.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight testing is available at a variety of locations.
- When departing from Botswana, travelers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test no older than 72 hours. The results will be available between 6-24 hours. We strongly urge travelers to allow for 24 hours and therefore have the test the day before the result is required.
Get Travel Updates
To stay updated and receive Botswana COVID-19 travel alerts and regulation updates straight to your inbox, we have created a free travel alerts service for you. Simply leave your email to get free travel alerts here.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. The great news despite the global outbreak of the virus COVID-19, is that most of your activities will be outdoors when traveling to Botswana with Fair Voyage, so safe physical distance can easily be kept at all times. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Botswana travel advisors to start planning your trip today.