Last updated on July 30, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Botswana? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Botswana. Make sure to also check the official Botswana government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Tourists must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before flight departure to Botswana. If tourists have been outside Botswana for less than 36 hours it is allowed to use the negative PCR test obtained upon exit.
- Complete a COVID-19 self-declaration document which determines the travel history upon arrival in Botswana.
- Undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the airport. This testing is free of charge.
- After arrival, remain in contact with the local health authority for a period of 14 days for self-monitoring.
During Your Stay
Please be aware that there currently is a nationwide curfew between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. to ensure the limitation of social interactions.
Botswana is divided into nine geographical zones. Permits are needed to travel between zones and COVID-19 tests may be as well required, which will be done at your own expense. Inter-zone traveling is restricted to essential travel. Travel within one zone, outside of the curfew times, does not require any special permissions.
- Wear of face masks in all public spaces.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least 1.5 meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight testing is available at a variety of locations.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. The great news despite the global outbreak of the virus COVID-19, is that most of your activities will be outdoors when traveling to Botswana with Fair Voyage, so safe physical distance can easily be kept at all times. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Botswana travel advisors to start planning your trip today.