Last updated on July 30, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Austria? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Austria. Make sure to also check the official Austrian government travel website and your home country travel regulations for latest updates as regulations might change quickly.
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival
- Present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, a rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival, or proof of completed vaccination or recovery from COVID-19. If you cannot provide any of these requirements, you need to register using the pre-travel clearance form and to have a test carried out at least within 24 hours of entering Austria.
- Countries or areas in Appendix 1: Entry is possible from most countries, which means that tourists from the listed areas do not need to undergo any quarantine on arrival.
- Countries or areas in Appendix 2: Entry from these areas is in principle prohibited.
- Other countries or areas not listed in Appendix 1 or 2 : Tourists must proof their completed vaccination, a negative pre-departure test, certification of recovery from COVID-19, pre-travel clearance and must undergo a 10-day quarantine. The quarantine can be ended from day 5 after entry with a negative result to a new test.
During Your Stay
- Wear of face masks in public spaces and indoor settings. Regional measures, including rules on face masks, may vary.
- Maintain safe physical distance to others of at least two meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their home country regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight testing is available at a variety of locations.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Austria travel advisors to start planning your trip today.