Last updated on April 25, 2021
Are you planning a trip to Nepal? Read on to learn about the current COVID-19 regulations and entry requirements applicable for travelers to Nepal. Make sure to also check the official Nepal government website for latest updates and changes.
Current Entry Requirements Upon Arrival in Nepal
- Tourists must submit a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before flight departure to Nepal or present a document showing the completed vaccination against COVID-19.
- Apply for a Visa.
- Tourists must do a PCR test immediately upon arrival. The test is done at your own expense.
- Unvaccinated tourists must provide a hotel booking that allows at least ten days of quarantine in Nepal until they get the second PCR test result. After obtaining a negative test result you are allowed to proceed for expeditions or trekking.
- Tourists shall have an insurance coverage of at least US $5,000 per person against COVID-19 illness.
- Fill in the COVID-19 Crisis Management Center online form and keep the confirmation with you at all times.
During Your Stay
- Wear face masks in all public spaces.
- Retain safe physical distance to others of at least two meters.
For Your Departure
As regards quarantine on the way back home, travelers must check their country’s regulations, as these vary from country to country and week to week. For your homebound flight, testing is available at a variety of locations. Additional costs may be incurred.
Booking Your Trip
When you book your trip with Fair Voyage, we will help you plan your itinerary as smoothly as possible to meet local requirements for your maximum convenience. We are also doing our part to make sure that procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are followed throughout your trip and accommodations booked with us.
Contact our Nepal travel advisors to start planning your trip today.